Surah Al Fil , surah feel
- Classification Meccan
- Position Juzʼ 30
- No. of verses 5
- No. of words 23
- No. of letters 96
Surah Al Fil (Arabic: سورة الفيل, “Chapter of the Elephant”) is the 105th chapter (surah) of the Quran. It is a Meccan sura consisting of 5 verses. The surah is written in the interrogative form.
Surah Al Fil Transliteration:
- Alam tara kaifa fa’ala rabbuka bi ashaabil feel
- Alam yaj’al kai dahum fee tad leel
- Wa arsala ‘alaihim tairan abaabeel
- Tar meehim bi hi jaaratim min sij jeel
- Faja ‘alahum ka’asfim m’akool
Surah Al Fil Translation – Sahih International:
- Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?
- Did He not make their plan into misguidance?
- And He sent against them birds in flocks,
- Striking them with stones of hard clay,
- And He made them like eaten straw.
Name of Surah Feel
This surah calls Surat Feel , This Surah, as its name indicates, refers to the well-known historical event that happened in the year of the birth of the holy Prophet (S) when Allah protected the Ka’aba against the attack of the army of pagans who, riding on the backs of elephants, came from Yemen intending to destroy it.
This Surah is a recollection of the miraculous event which many people of Mecca remember, because it happened not so long ago.
1. Do you (Prophet) not see how your Lord dealt with the army of the elephant?
This surah recounts a blessing given to the Quraysh by Allah as He favoured them and defended them from the army of Abrahah.
2. Did He not utterly confound their plans?
Allah destroyed Abrahah’s army and preserved the Ka’abah.
3. He sent flocks of birds against them,
4. Pelting them with pellets of hard-baked clay:
Allah sent birds, each of which was carrying three small stones with their feet and their beaks. They gathered in rows over the heads of the army and then threw the stones onto the army below them. The stones were increased in force by a strong wind sent by Allah, piercing the bodies of the men below and they were destroyed piece by piece. None of the men returned to their land without injury and Abrahah died when he reached Sana’a after telling the story of the battle.
5. He made them (like) cropped stubble.
All that remained after the battle were the remnants of the annihilation of an army that intended to destroy something as sacred as the Ka’abah.
References and Links
How to learn Quran Online
If you can’t read Quran and need learning Quran with Tajweed, you can learn Noorani Qaida Course first where you will be able to read Quran or any Arabic words, then Quran Reading Course Online this course will provide you a good exercise how can read properly the Noble Quran and learn all Quran signs. with Tajweed Course online you will Recite al Quran with Tajweed very well insha Allah.
If you need to book a Hifz online course, the Best Arab teachers will teach you you can memorize al Quran with easy and fast ways and become a Hafiz insha Allah the you can join Ijazah online course and get Ijazah Certificate from Arab Sheikh
5 thoughts on “105 Surah Al Fil (<strong><a href="https://quransheikh.com/surah-al-fil/">surah feel</a></strong>, fil, alam tara kaifa), Best English Translation”
Allah Akhbar.God is Great
Ma sha allah
very easy i will learn it in two days
Comments are closed.