What does the Noble Quran mean?
The Noble Quran, the great book of Allah has been given many names but the Quran is a commonly used name. Almighty Allah Himself has given this book the name of the Qur’an. In the Arabic language, we always look for root words to understand the exact meaning of any Arabic word. Different root words of the word Quran are as follow:
- The first root word of the word Quran is “qira’atun”.
Qira’atun means to recite or to read. It means recitation. Reciting the Quran is one of the most important features of the Quran. Allah Almighty says:
“Or add to it, and recite the Qur’an with measured recitation.”
And the first revelation of the Quran was:
“Recite in the name of your Lord who created – Created man from a clinging substance/ clot. Recite and your Lord is the Most Generous – Who taught by the pen – Taught man that which he knew not.” [Quran, 96: 1-5]
The first word of this revelation is “Iqra” which means ‘read’. The word of the Qur’an is derived from the Qir’at too, and the Qur’an is the book most commonly recited.
- The second root word of the word Quran is “Qara’a”.
Qara’a means to compile or to collect. In this context, the Quran is the book that is codified and collected under the divine protection of Allah Almighty. As Allah Almighty says:
“It is for us to collect and recite it.” Reference (75:17)
‘To collect’ refers to these different meanings according to Schuster and Simon, New World Dictionary, 1988.
- To come together in a mass, group or band.
- To gather or to collect objects.
- The exact form of the number of resources or persons.
In another context, it also means that the Quran has combined the knowledge of the whole universe. Every aspect of life is codified and collected within the Quran. Quran gives you an answer to all of your ambiguities and questions.
Allah Almighty says:
- “And we have sent down to thee the Book explaining all things, a guide, a mercy and glad tidings to Muslims”. Reference (16:89)
- “A detailed exposition of everything”. Reference (12:11)
- The third root word of the word Quran is “qira’in”.
Qira’in means argument, symbol or evidence. It is the plural of qarina. In this context, we can say that it means that one verse of the Quran elaborates, interrupts and gives such a shred of beautiful evidence or argument for the previous verse. For instance:
- Al-Fatiha:5 “Guide us Thou on the right path”.
- Al-Fatiha:6 “The path of those whom you have favored. Not those who have earned your anger or gone astray”.
In the fifth verse of Surah Al-Fatiha, a man is asking Allah Almighty for the right path. And the next verse is explaining what is the right path.
- The fourth root word is qar’ana.
Qar’ana means conjunction or union. The academic meaning of qar’ ana is that the Quran is combined with guidance.
Basically, the word “Qur’an” composed of two words. Qur and Aan. Qur refers to read and Aan refers to repeatability or continuity. When we gather meaning, something that should be recited or read continuously or repeatedly. In one go it is really difficult to grasp the understanding of the Quran. Quran is needed to read over and over again for better understanding.
Quran is given some other names too. These names are as follows:
- Al- Burhan (The clear argument)
- Al- Haqq (The Truth)
- Al- Noor (The Light)
- Al- Rahmah (The Mercy)
- Al- Mau’izah (The Admonition)
- Al- Shifa (The Healing)
- Al- Furqan (The Criteria to differ well from the bad)
- Al- Dhikr (The Reminder)
- Al- Huda (The Guideline)
How many juz in the Noble Quran?
There is 30 juz in the Quran.
How many Hizb in the Noble Quran?
Half of the length of the juz of the Quran is called Hizb. There are 60 Hizb in the Holy Quran. Each Hizb consists of four quarters. These quarters are known as Rubu.
How many Surahs in the Noble Quran?
There are 114 Surahs in the Quran. The all Surahs of the Holy Quran have not any specific length.
- The shortest Surah of the Holy Quran is Surah ‘al-Kausar’. This shortest surah consists of three verses only.
- The longest Surah of the Holy Quran is Surah ‘al-Baqarah’. This longest surah consists of two eighty-six (286) verses.
Surah Al Fatiha is the beginning Surah of the Holy Quran. This Surah is also known as the Umm ul Quran or mother of the Quran. And Surah An Naas is known as the last Surah.
How many Surahs are Makki and Madani?
The total number of Surahs that reveled in Makkah is 86. Actually, 75.4% of the Quran contains Makki Surahs.
The total number of Surahs that reveled in Madina is 28. Remaining 24.6% contain Madni Surahs.
How many verses in the Noble Quran?
There are 6236 verses in the Quran. If we count Bismillah as a verse before every surah then it will become 6666 verses.
- In terms of words, the verse of the loan is considered as the longest verse of the Holy Quran. In Arabic, verse of loan is named as “Ayat-e-Dae’n”. Surah Baqarah(Verse# 282)
- In terms of excellence and superiority, the Ayat ul Kursi is considered to be the greatest verse of the Holy Quran. Surah Baqarah(Verse# 255)
- In terms of words, the verse of Surah Rahman(55:64) is considered as the shortest verse of the Quran. Because it contains only one word.
- In terms of the letter, the first verse of Surah Taha, Surah Yaseen, and Surah Hameem are considered as the shortest verses. Because they contain only two letters.
How many Ruku in the Noble Quran?
There are 558 Ruku in the Holy Quran.
How many words in the Holy Quran?
There are 77797 words in Quran. 14870 words are unique words. Unique words mean words without repetition.
How many letters in the Holy Quran?
There are 330,709 characters in the whole Quran. Surahs that are revealed in Makkah contain 200,137 letters. And the Surahs that are revealed in Madinah contain 130,572 letters.
How many Sajda e Tilawat in the Holy Quran?
There are fifteen Sajadas in the Holy Quran. According to one hadith:
Amar Ibn Al Aas narrated that the Holy Prophet( Peace be Upon Him) told him fifteen prostrations while reading the Quran.
Reference: Sunan Abu Dawood
Surahs that have Sajda e Tilawat are:
- Surah Al Araf (Verse: 206)
- Surah Ar Raád (Verse: 15)
- Surah An Nahl (Verse: 49)
- Surah Al Isra (Verse: 107)
- Surah Al Maryam (Verse: 58)
- Surah Al-Haj (Verse: 18)
- Surah Al-Haj (Verse: 77)
- Surah An Naml (Verse: 25)
- Surah As-Sajdah (Verse: 15)
- Surah As Saád (Verse: 24)
- Surah Al Fussilat (Verse: 37)
- Surah An Najm (Verse: 62)
- Surah Al Inshiqaq (Verse: 21)
- Surah Al Alaq (Verse: 19)
How many Manzil in the Holy Quran?
Manzil is the division in such a way if someone follows, he/she can read the complete Quran in seven days.
- Surah Al- Fatiha (Para No.1) to Surah An Nisa (Para No.4).
- Surah Al- Maidah (Para No.5) to Surah At Tawbah (Para No. 9)
- Surah Yunus (Para No.5) to Surah An Nahl (Para No. 9)
- Surah Al- Isra (Para No.5) to Surah Al Furqan (Para No. 9)
- Surah Ash- Shuraa (Para No.5) to Surah Yaseen (Para No. 9)
- Surah As- Saffat (Para No.5) to Surah Al Hujraat (Para No. 9)
- Surah Qaaf (Para No.5) to Surah An Naas (Para No. 9)
- First Manzil consists of four Surahs.
- Second Manzil consists of five Surahs.
- Third Manzil consists of seven Surahs.
- Forth Manzil consists of nine Surahs.
- Fifth Manzil consists of eleven Surahs.
- Sixth Manzil consists of thirteen Surahs.
- Seventh Manzil consists of sixty-five Surahs.
Who was the first translator of the Holy Quran?
Quran is translated into many languages. The first translator of the Holy Quran was Salman from Persia. During the seventeenth century, he translated Surah Al Fatiha in the Persian language.
- Between the 10th and 12th centuries, the complete translated version of the Holy Quran was done in the Persian language.
- And in the 11th century, the student of Abu Mansur Abdullah al- Ansari write down the tafsir of the Holy Qur’an.
How many times the word ’Quran’ is used in the Holy Quran?
In the Holy Quran, the word Quran is used 70 times.
Some other facts about the Holy Quran
- Milk is mentioned as the best drink in the Noble Quran. Reference (Al-Quran 16:66)
- Honey is mentioned as the best food to eat in the Noble Quran. Reference (Al-Quran 16:69)
- Laylatul Qadr is mentioned as the best night in the Noble Quran. Reference (Al-Quran 97:3)
- A total of 25 Prophets are mentioned in the Noble Quran.
- Among all weekdays, only Friday is mentioned in the Noble Quran.
- Three Mosques are mentioned in the Noble Quran.
- Masjid e Qubaa located near Madina.
- Masjid ul Aqsa located in Jerusalem.
- Masjid ul Haram located in Makkah.
How to learn Quran Online
If you can’t read Quran and need learning Quran with Tajweed, you can learn Noorani Qaida Course first where you will be able to read Quran or any Arabic words, then Quran Reading Course Online this course will provide you a good exercise how can read properly the Noble Quran and learn all Quran signs. with Tajweed Course online you will Recite al Quran with Tajweed very well insha Allah.
If you need to book a Hifz online course, the Best Arab teachers will teach you you can memorize al Quran with easy and fast ways and become a Hafiz insha Allah the you can join Ijazah online course and get Ijazah Certificate from Arab Sheikh